Albania, Yugoslavia, Greece, and Crete 1940-41
The defence then conquest of Greece
The main Greek campaign basically divides into 8 major phases;
- The 1st Italian Offensive.
- The 1st Greek Offensive.
- The Winter Stalemate.
- The 2nd Italian Offensive.
- The German Offensive and Invasion of Greece & Yugoslavia.
- The 2nd Greek Offensive & The Defence of Florina.
- The Retreat and Defeat of the Greek & Commonwealth Forces.
- The German Airborne Assault on Crete.
"Greek Troops take an Italian Prisoner - Greek & Italian
Re-enactors." Photo kindly supplied by permission from the Greek
ΣΤΡΑΤΙΩΤ ΙΚΗΙΣΤΟΡΙΑ Magazine, 1998.